Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Back Home Again by Clara Ashmore

Some urging within me keeps calling
For me to come home just once more.
My thoughts travel to faraway places,
To the land where I'd been long before.
My faltering steps prevent wandering,
So, only in dreams can I flee.
In my chair I sit and remember
It's the place where I want to be.
Tonight I will walk in the moonlight
Listening to the sounds close by;
On the grass dew gleams like diamonds
As if stars had fallen from the sky.
I will think of the home of my childhood,
To the place I still hold most dear;
As I close my eyes and remember,
The memories flood back all too clear.
I can feel the sun and soft breezes,
The smell of my mom's apple pie.
I imagine the days of my chidhood
With the magic of dreams long gone by.

I just received this Salesian Inspirational book today in the mail and when I opened it, I immediately came to this page. I do believe in destiny, and I felt I was destined to read this poem. It does fit in with my blog and the reason why I am writing this. Although my childhood was filled with adversity, I do still cherish the memories before the heartache began.
I would like to thank Clara for writing this because for me, it just fits so perfectly.