Saturday, December 24, 2011

The day has arrived

Dear Junior,
This 24th of December marks your 52nd birthday. We have missed 36 years worth of celebrating your birthday. I just talked to mom and you don't understand how strong of a woman she has become. She hides so much from me as I do from her. We didn't even mention your name this morning only because we understand each other and she knows that I am writing this and we have you in our minds all the time.
It would be so easy, in any given moment, to break down and pour our emotions out like there was no tomorrow- like there was no more hope but that's just it- we don't do that because we hang on to that thread of hope- the hope of your return to us one day.
Yes, much has happened, good and bad, since you disappeared from our lives and I have not yet decided to get this across but once I figure how I will write it, you will know.
I assume that maybe one detail that has kept you from returning back home to us is the fact that dad is no longer with us and that his death, a most tragic one cannot comprehend, may be all the reason you have decided not to come back.
It's never too late for new beginnings.
It's never too late to give hope a chance.
Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas, wherever you are.
With love,
your little sister,
Cindy