Sunday, December 4, 2011

The phone call

Telephone Line Electric Light Orchestra

Later on that day, after you left,  we went to Tio Kiko's house. Apparently we went to celebrate a BBQ for the 4th of July. I just remember a whole lot of family around and the kids running around and having fun. I wasn't exactly having too much fun since you were not there. After the BBQ, when we got home, we got a phone call. All I remember was dad raising his voice in disbelief and banging on the door to the back yard. I had never seen dad cry like that before. It just scared me so much to see him like that. Suddenly, we had to leave after that phone call. I am not sure who called but I do believe it was Ana A.'s mom.
Uncle Sam and Tia Rosie came over and drove us all the way to Matagorda Beach. Tia Chita let Neddy come along with us just to keep me company. I remember how Uncle Sam was driving and Tia Rosie sat in the back seat with mom and Neddy and I were in the back area. We were laying down and all I could see were the stars out on that clear night. I didn't know exactly what was going on but I did feel really, really scared and since dad wasn't driving, I knew something was really, really wrong. I prayed so hard and so much that night. I prayed relentlessly to Mary and I asked her to watch over you because I felt so scared for you. Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with you, Blessed are you among women and Blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us, sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen. Over and over and over did I pray because I knew nothing else would work at that moment but I did believe in the power of prayer so I just kept on praying to Her, Mary, our Mother in Heaven. I knew that where ever you were, She was watching over you, and that is what kept me praying. Hope.